Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Festive Truffles with Chia Seeds (Gluten-Free)




My little sister made these wonders in a matter of 20 minutes and ofcourse I had to have the recipe!!  Now these healthy truffles are a recipe to which I come back to very often!  I love the fact that there is no butter or sugar involved.  Not only are these easy and quick to make but they are scrumptious and filling!  These festive truffles are not overwhelmingly sweet and go wonderful with a cup of tea or coffee!  (I am sorry I don't have step-by-step pictures, I was in a hurry to make these for a party...)


Makes ~20 small truffles

Ingredients:
©      1 cup raw Peanuts
©      1/2 cup pitted Dates
©      1/4 cup Coconut milk
©      4 tablespoons raw Carob
©      1/2 tablespoon Chia seeds
©      Shredded Coconut


Directions:
1.  Blend peanuts and dates in a food processor until they reach a smooth texture.

2.  Mix in the coconut milk, carob, and chis seeds.  It'll take a few minutes of mixing until everything is smooth, don't be tempted to add more milk.

3.  Form dough into small balls and roll in shredded coconut.  (It helps if you have an extra set of hands:  one person forms balls and the other coats the ready truffles in coconut.)  I used sweetened-medium size, but it's really up to you.  The sweetened coconut will add sweetness to the truffles.  But you can also use unsweetened large flakes. 

















Give these delights a try and feel good about treating yourself to something sweet this holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my my! These look superb! I must try these and they're lactose free as well ;) My kind of treat ;)

    ReplyDelete