Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving reflection...



"How would you feel if you woke up today having only the things you have thanked God for yesterday?"



That was the questions a friend asked me in late October.  The question visited me often.  "Father God, forgive me...I have been very ungrateful." I pleaded.  I started to name of the things I am thankful for: food, house, clothes, job, water, family...the list went on...  When I paused to think, a thought came "think deeper...without what would your life be absolutely unimaginable?"  As I continued to reflect and study the Word of God.  It became clear to me, above everything else I am thankful for the salvation that I received.  The first week of December will mark 10 years since I accepted Lord Jesus Christ as my personal saver.   I am forever grateful for His sacrifice that was done for me, a sinner.  I am grateful that He, who knew no sin took upon Himself to save me and make me right with God.  I am thankful that through salvation my life is forever changed.  That my priorities and outlook on life are beyond the ever-changing world.  It brings great joy and peace to my soul to know that no matter what happens to my earthly matters, He is always in charge and will never-ever leave me.

So, this Thanksgiving I am thankful for all the things that I have, but above all, I am gratified for the salvation and the eternal peace that I have in my Lord, Jesus Christ.

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and may you also be filled with peace and serenity as you get together with family and friends!


Anastasia

1 comment: