Monday, May 7, 2012

Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade


Greetings everyone!!!  I know...it's been a while since I posted.  My life recently became supper busy without a single cause.  It's like on a fast-forward mode at all times!  I must admit I did miss blogging...so here I am! 
It is finally spring!!!  One of my favorite times of the year! I love spring for its new beginnings and ofcourse for all the fresh berries, fruits, and veggies!  Strawberry season is here.  I recently visited the local "pick your own" farm and was not a bit disappointed.  Little compares to the freshly picked strawberry.  If you're looking for a local farm from which you can pick berries or fruits check this web site out:  http://www.pickyourown.org/ Not only does this web site provide locations of the farms near you, but it also has helpful hints how to preserve food.  The link even has locations outside the USA!
Here is the latest drink I am enjoying on the hot spring days: homemade strawberry lemonade.  This drink is super easy and SO refreshing!  It is versatile and can be tweaked to fit your taste buds.  For a sweeter lemonade add less lemon juice or add more of the sweetener: honey or agave nectar.  Dress up with peppermint leaves for that special occasion.  Disclaimer-  I only tried this drink using the freshly picked strawberries...not sure how it'll taste with store bought ones.
(Makes 1 serving)
Ingredients:
©      1 cup fresh Strawberries-hulled and quartered
©      1 tablespoon Sugar
©      2 tablespoon Lemon Juice (add less for a sweeter lemonade)
©      1 1/2 cups ice cold Water
©      Honey or Agave Nectar to taste-optional

1.  Place cut strawberries in to a plate and sprinkle with sugar.  Allow to stand for 2-4 minutes.

2.  Place sweetened strawberries, lemon juice and water into a blender.  Add a couple of ice cubes for a colder drink.
3.  Blend 1-2 minutes: until even in consistency and has no chucks.

4.  Taste and add additional honey or agave nectar as needed to sweeten the drink.  I added 1/2 teaspoon of local honey.  Blend for additional 20 seconds to mix the sweetener-if added.

5.  Pour over ice cubes and enjoy!  It'll be gone before you know it!



No comments:

Post a Comment